Release Notes for EEGer version 4.2.2p
Note: EEGer 4.2 and later will NOT install on Windows 98.
Changes since 422m
* Added “period”-length long term display width
* Added Protocol Summary display/printout in Review (showing groupings by site, frequency, mode, etc.)
* Added eyes open/closed to data stored and retrieved (assumed based on protocol class but changeable with Alt-E)
* Corrected bug in realtime summary display of standard deviations
* Corrected bug in using tailored value of frequency step
* Added option to change frequency step size during realtime
* Added sound control modes tied to overall reward percentage
* Revised Pdelta to make larger values mean more coherence (in line with other coherence modes)
* Added Add4sel to installed utilities (Image Installer and Protocol Transfer Utility)
* Corrected bug with wrong layout after canceling a session plan
* Revised boxes/jumpbox to correct crash situation and re-enabled ability to use NON-classic picture backgrounds
* Added option to use frog image in jumpbox
* Added asking/saving biological sex of client (for future research)
* Moved utilities to their own top-level menu
* Corrected double-click bug in keyfile settings display
* Revised sham thresholding logic and added menu controls for the settings
* Hide replay error messages for sham subject
* Fixed (non-)setup of sham raw channels during initialization
* Fixed raw data extraction logic so full-length strings still get terminated
* Changed review logic so (red) markers are always drawn wide enough to display (> 1 pixel wide) on graph
* Corrected crash occurring on some systems with variable-dots mazes
* Added Unity feedback mode
* Added support for TTUSB interface
* Documented Remote Flash Utility (and added to base release)
* Documented special startup options (for specific special uses)
* Removed GP and GP+ as devices (no longer supported by J&J)
* Spike detector added as option to display/report spikes shorter than artifacts
* Added ability display inter-period statistics in Review
* Allow selection Down or Inhb for reward mode clarity/training
* New defaults on installation : Software notch ON, Font selection ARIAL, colorset 9
* Corrected jumpbox bug when default timing changed
* Corrected 4mation weighted-mode bug
* Corrected screening report bug which ignored fractional frequencies and only showed integer value
* Added ratio refiltering and report to Review
* Added (optional) trace labels on long term game
* Removed extraneous % sign in error message
* Changed update rate for Spectrum4 driver in impedance mode
Changes since 422L
* Removed some experimental feedback modes
* Corrected internal feedback mode documentation and rationalized available modes
* Fixed incorrect pausing while running session plans without pause checkmark
* Fixed feedback mode change logic to ignore layout
* Fixed usage colors for multiple-reward modes (incorrect blue 'monitor' colors)
* Fixed bug causing "Unable to load INI file" message (was caused by change in spawning 3rd party games)
* Added feedback sound control to DVD game menu logic
* Added Protocol Transfer Utility and Image Installer Utilities to release (as well as standalone)
* Added flashing yellow “KEYBOARD Lost” message when EEGer does not get keystrokes
(click mouse on EEGer to recover control)
Changes since 422k
* Corrected erroneous impedance display for C2+ derivatives
* Changed logic when running 3rd party games (to correct some intermittent communications errors/hangups)
* Leave mouse cursor on screen when running 3rd party game
* Updated DVD game menus
* Allowed .PNG files in 4mation
* Added capability to read encryption-protected picture packs for 4mation
* Changed session plan logic to use internal data when deciding on layout (for plans copied from ???)
* Only check for dongle until NOT found the first time during run/replay (affects timing)
Changes since 422jb
* Fixed bug in using screening layouts
Changes since 422j
* Fixed typo bug in using remote session logic built by older 421 releases
* Fixed bug in mazes in single monitor mode on some computer configurations
* Fixed possibility of garbled alert filenames and error messages
Changes since 422g
Improved graphics for Highways/Islands
Option in tailoring to revert to “classic” view.
* Autothreshold settings are now specifiable for EACH setup stage
Existing session plans still work.
* Corrected some timing bugs in PET, QPET, Pendant real-time sampling
* Added some Ethernet misconfiguration messages
* Fix problem with auto-advance of stages
* Updated IOtest with driver fixes
* Option for Therapist to allow remote-user to alter remote session plan
* Several destination locations are now selectable for Consultation Exports
* Option for metric units for peripheral outputs
* Option to preset FFT display off at start of session
* Option to select fast brainwave display at start of session
Changes since 422f
Allow hyphens in client Ids
* Add option for automatic Consultation Export
* Add option for choice of Power versus Voltage for ratio feedback modes
* Add Difference/Sum ratio feedback mode
* Add method for telephone updates of remote session counts/expiration
* Add method for telephone update of dongle session counts
* Correct Review trend graph drawing error if more than 25 sessions
Changes since 422d
* Removed timing limiter in jumpbox (to “possibly fix” floating chip on slow computers)
* Add methods
for over-the-telephone updates to remote sessions and remote
* Add method for over-the-telephone update to dongle sessions
* Add option to automatically create Consultation Export files at the end of every session
* Add option to delete just a single study-pool file
* Correct option to install keyfiles with a double-click
Changes since 422d
Correct bug in ESCrecorder (debug tool)
* Correct error in coherence algorithms (Psync, Async, GASync) modes where intermediate term was data sensitive
Changes since 422c
* Add experimental feedback mode to allow training on varying DC offset
* Add experimental filter option to use different filter characteristics (requires special keyfile)
* Add popup menu support for future DVD game
* Fix bug in Review logic (for clients with more than 25 sessions)
* Hyphens are now allowed in client IDs
Changes since 422b
* Restore missing RatioAB feedback modes
* Automatically send stored volume settings at session startup
* Change “Reward Blocked” logic to separate I/O errors from “reasons” to block
* Fix review logic so selection by sites works correctly (and session trends draw correctly)
* Change mazes end logic to limit multiple-maze-end messages (timing peculiar to certain machines)
* Record reward timing in raw file for later correlation
Changes since 421s
Things new in 4.2.2 not already in 4.2.1s (the previous release)
(although some have been in private beta releases "t" and "u"):
* Allow up to 32 GB flash drive size for remote device
* Force EEGer focus (once) after game response or 10 seconds have elapsed
* A message saying NOT RECORDING when users exceed 90 minutes.
* A minor fix in EDF+ export files.
* "updated" esiPro driver files.
* Debug display now shows input device along with any decoded subtype
* IOtest now shows esiPro decoded subtype
* Fixed erroneous review screen tabular selections that didn't match graphical selections
* Remove extraneous client index rebuild on new clients
* Add defensive correction for incorrectly-formatted MonitorAB summary files (single site!)
* Correct debug-only labels for 2nd device
* Updated help file to match documentation
* New version since there were SOOOO many versions
* Message about game termination added
* Stored dongle# and s/w version into raw file headers
* provisions for inhibiting volume control popup for unsupported games
* provisions for future EEG Software games
* debug method to inhibit loading of sub-Hz filters
* Flush received message queue after end-of-maze/picture received
* Resize birds/stars for 800x600 displays
* Decode print command messages for single-computer modes
* Kludge repair on incorrect Windows-DX9-created .BMP file headers
* Catchup on graphics library updates (but no functional changes)
* Fix game select/tailoring menu for two columns if many games installed
* Yet another set of J&J DLLs
* New communications DLLs which require only Therapist id of client
* Another fix for people who run longer than 90 minutes (bad period limits in summary file)
* Fix scale message to have scales matching the strand order
* Support decimation for sub-Hz filters
* Allow remote clients to status the remote flash drive
* Duplicate scale setting for both reward data channels
* Force sending of scales whenever there is a subchannel (green/blue) change
* Added method for feedback rewards within a range (band) of settings.
* Added in-session controls for various (expert) adjustments (minimum reward time, artifact lockout counts/times, on-task times/percentages).
* Added one-second running averages to export summary data.
* Corrected bug in using minus sign when entering sites during realtime.
* Put latest version of iotest in release.
* Added some debug methods for vendor game testing.
Note: the release will have a set of 1/100 Hz filters decimated to 64 samples/second (for the range below 1 Hz) but they must be enabled by a keyfile!!!
Changes since 421r
Review summary/detail data was showing a bogus period at a state change.
Shift-F8 did not allow all keystrokes to display.
Wrong path on retrieving data from remote flash drive if client didn't exist already on computer.
(Sometimes) third-party games (Space Race, etc.) did not respond to “Green” data selections.
Made Highway stars/Islands birds be smaller (more like older versions).
Added error trapping on UpdateManagementData for Vista and XPSP3 (thanks $soft)
Added score counting to summary export data (for monitoring scoring better in external analysis).
Added more error messages if problems saving data after a session (errors due to inability to write to user-specified folders).
Changes since 421n
Message added if F5 or F11 pressed when insufficient data (< 5 seconds) to make decisions on.
Slow-game snail display added back in to report game overruns.
(Can be turned off by calling customer support).
Added limited choice of fonts for real-time displays. Go crazy.
Shows remote-user dongle counts and session counts always.
Added legend to score screen (red=time, etc.).
Changed real-time overrun logic to not overrun when paused/resting unless it gets 3 seconds behind realtime.
(No change to the need to run real-time during feedback).
Added option to status a remote-use drive and retrieve sessions remaining, dongle counts remaining, last use date, etc.
Software notch filter error induced in “n” corrected.
IOtest updated (version not updated from 420).
Informational messages (impedance,DC, Initializing) now display correctly positioned.
Removed erroneous 'unlicensed mode' errors from certain versions of session plans.
Handled some TK callback errors caused by race conditions on user actions.
Re-corrected the Green/Blue game drive logic to handle 3rd-party games again.
Corrected erroneous 'File archive bad' messages during archiving due to raw data format change.
Attempted correction of zscore overrun errors by clever recoding.
Changed 4mation to draw the grid before the pictures.
Corrected crashes/invalid data caused by changing filter setup settings (EEGer was using mix of old/new values)
Changes since 420r
Graphics redesigned to work with modern graphics chipsets.
This means you may have to turn back up the graphics accelerations.
Raw data format modified to support forensic tracebacks.
This means that versions prior to 4.2.1 cannot replay/spectral analyze sessions
recorded with 4.2.1 and later.
Support for double-blind studies (special enable key required).
Study subjects are not discernible by technician from non-study subjects.
Additional review screen for zscore data.
Volume settings now 'sticky' by client.
Tailorable option to lock out rewards if too many artifacts in a time period.
Some management data is saved (number of sessions, etc.).
Option to disable zscore processing even if licensed (preferences option).
Messages when session plan contains unlicensed modes (but you can still save session plan).
Color set editor now shows which color sets have been tailored (load button is enabled).
New feedback modes RatioAB/RatioBA which are amplitude ratios (in reward frequency band) of two channels of input.
Presets now have a feedback mode and reward modes shown and applied.
Game Initialization Tool and tailoring screen options now numerically ordered.
Each option has unique number displayed.
Number is unique to 'function' of option.
Appendix added with explanation of each option.
Support added for esiPRO2.2 amplifier.
Suppress F9/F11 on any traces where there is not 5 seconds of data (and message telling operator)
Remote user update now installs session plan before first run.
Better control over disallowing games not suitable for single computer operation.
Graphics overrun logic completely redone – no more messages.
Session plan now correctly loads 'Down' reward mode at startup.
New default reward sound minimizes popping on cheap speakers/sound chips.
Game tailoring failure (tailor data did not always get to game) corrected.
EGS now handles ports > 9 at startup.
reward color options handled correctly from session plan.
Changes since 420q:
Added some zscore status to the top screen for customer support.
Added additional status reports for Atlantis (to help resolve passkey issues).
Fix conversion of old (invalid format) 2-digit years in birthdates.
Added a way to see where the mouse pointer is (even though it is not used).
Added an optional way to bypass zscore slowdowns in single channel work (only reported in a few systems).
Changes since 420h:
Added some zscore warning messages (age, sites, etc.) to help understand non-functioning.
Ensured that starting in zscore mode (from session plan) set frequency band and scale appropriately.
Updated to latest zscore release (new
Updated to latest J&J device support to correct intermittent loss of communication.
Returned DC correction time constant to 10 seconds and changed to not start until 2 seconds of realtime.
Corrected Reward-only mode to set the reward mode from the session planning file.
Corrected error in remote-use update processing.
Functional changes since 4.1:
Editor - EEGer now contains a text editor for client notes which
can be used during feedback sessions, session planning, the review
process, or spectral review.
Dual screen mode - EEGer can operate using a single computer with two screens (an extended desktop) for selected games.
More devices are supported: (esiPRO4.3, Atlantis, PET2.0, QPET).
Saved data can be exported into EDF+ format (a standard for use with analysis tools).
A zscore feedback/display capability has been added (using the Applied Neurosciences zscore database).
More archive options (rename client, completely delete a client).
New realtime summary display (of averages, etc.) showing the last 16 periods of data.
New tactile feedback modes added.
Renamed old synchrony, comodulation, etc. modes to not "imply" other kinds of computations.
Additional layout options.
Ratio feedback mode based on amplitude of a reward trace to an inhibit trace.
Phase tracking feedback mode based on deviation of single-cycle phase difference between two channels of input.
Works on Vista (if you must).
Allow control over A/D gain and channels.
Corrected inability to run variable dots mazes after fixed-dot mazes.
Release Notes for EEGer version 4.1.5h
Corrected bugs in 415f:
Random crash in Mazes fixed
Incorrect gain when using software notch filter fixed
Misleading color use on integral display corrected
Forward support for 4.2 summary files provided
Corrected Ethernet restart logic
Release Notes for EEGer version 4.1.5f
Functional Changes since 4.1.4g release:
Results file creation error corrected
Volume bleed-through corrected on left/right setups
Retry loading of colored help file
Long-term medium speed game (single) slow down ameliorated.
Correct date error report on remote setups (due to Windoze time resolution issues)
Correct Dual mode trace 7 inhibit bug
Fixed IO test installation
Fixed error abort in GL version of IOtest
Conflict between system loaded Python22 and EEGer worked around.
Validate birthdate entries and disallow incomplete ones
Validate client names and reject invalid ones
Review now correctly changes Save/Print options on configuration change
Correct (long time!) bug at end of spectral display (on partial buffer read)
Correct non-rebuild of top screen after changing HIPAA options
Add missing EGS help file to release (F1)
Fixed mazes bug where a race
condition existed on 'ending' a period.
Fixed bad A-T sound rebuild problem
Added positive communications check so tailoring, run/pause become reliable
Volume control popup titles corrected
50/60 Hz notch filter (option)
Minor changes to text on brainwave screen.
Fixed double divide in game activity suppression.
Changed game activity suppression logic
For now, Ctrl-F9 toggles between old and new behavior.
Fix for NOT automatically showing peripheral data unless selected on
device options page.
F5 is now delayed until the game reports ready to run.
Installer disables USB power-saving option
Added screening file installation option to installer
Added tech support menu program to assist customer service
Added tech support program to automate troubleshooting information collection
Separate game configurations for single/2-computer mode
Automagically call game tailoring after Game Initialization in single computer mode
Added printout of trend graph
Guess 50/60 Hz setting FIRST TIME ONLY from timezone
Changed name of PET to PET2.0 and enabled as input device
Communications check not performed until after configuration change or first need to
communicate with game computer
Add IP address to configuration info
Display correct lowpass filter settings in plan session (including notch if specified)
Allow selection of summary printout as either two pages or one page
Allow control over A/D gain
Allow selection of IO test from EEGer tools menu (and can read battery volts too)
Set spectral display to start in Run mode (vice pause)
Default game settings changes (long term medium speed, A/T 6i, screening order)
Sound2->Sound5 added to gamedefs
Traces labeled with color/frequency on long term display
OVER and UNDER sound modes
Option in gamedef files for EMDR reward sounds (alternating)
Option in gamedef files for L/R/Both speakers for sounds and/or rewards
Allow Alt-D on client computer to cycle through 4mation images (before feedback start).
Change default A-T pause time to be 1 second
Change spectral mirror displays to have 0 Hz at the bottom
Functional Changes since 4.0.3h release:
There are now (more) selectable “layouts” controlling display and processing (versus a single 5-trace layout in 4.0).
The software can now run in a single computer (subject to game limitations). In fact, running in dual monitor or 2-computer modes now requires a specific keyfile to enable those modes. See special note #2 below.
Remote use users and limitations are now supported (and controlled by Therapist systems).
The filters now optionally extend to 50 Hertz in 1/8 Hertz steps.
Tactile feedback is now implemented (but single computer users need a second sound port for tactile feedback).
Volume controls are now implemented on the Therapist computer for EEGer games.
Target thresholds for auto-thresholding are now changeable during a session.
Support for changing game sounds/colors/modalities is now supported (and mechanized in the EEGer games).
You can now export the summary data to a CSV (comma separated variables) file for processing with external programs.
The percentage time in an overall rewardable condition is now displayed and recorded.
New EEGer games provided (4mation, Spectral Mirror, Long-term display).
Peripheral inputs are now acquired, recorded, and displayed.
Client names can now be masked for display (HIPAA).
Many minor user interface changes.
The internal location for storage of license/key files changed with 4.1. The FIRST installation of 4.1 over 4.0 will copy the 4.0 keyfiles to the 4.1 location. After that, Customer Support may have to be contacted if there are any issues. The same keyfiles work with 4.1 as work with 4.0.
Special Note 2:
This release (4.1) requires an additional keyfile to allow use of 2-computer systems (which was the default in 4.0). Existing users are 'grandfathered' in as having this keyfile.
The following issues are still open for this release:
Language support incomplete
Only English is currently supported. Unicode/multi-lingual messages are in work (except for internal error messages!).
Printing uses default printer
The Windows “Default” printer is always the printer destination. Changing printers must be done outside of the EEGer program.